VP People Operations
Reporting into the CEO, this newly created position echoes Drop’s commitment to developing our most valuable asset, our people. Our People Ops team has been small and robust for 3+ years, scaling and learning alongside the company and we are now looking for a senior leader to bring their experience and guide Drop as we scale beyond Series C.
What kind of challenges will the VP People Operations be working on at Drop?
– Develop and support People & Culture initiatives related to: talent acquisition, organizational development, recognition, change management, succession planning, workplace culture, compensation & benefits, HR compliance and employee relations. Involves continually assessing the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant comparables.
– Coach executives and be an effective Business Partner to advise on people strategies and build out practices and programs to attract, accelerate and retain top talent
– Lead adoption of a product-driven and high-performance culture (incentives, structure, ownership, key messaging etc)
– Lead our People & Culture team. Empower and leverage the strengths of People & Culture team members to meet or exceed departmental objectives.
– Develop programs that drive employee engagement and retention, learning and development, and employee relations to create an environment for people to do their best work
– Initiate and champion opportunities to further diversity, equity and inclusion across the organization
– Assist managers in recruitment efforts by developing recruiting best practices and strategies that can be rolled out to support hiring efforts across the organizations
What you bring to the table
– Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive HR and people leadership experience in a high-growth environment with a CHRP designation strongly preferred.
– In-depth experience relating to: talent acquisition, leadership assessment & organizational development, compensation & benefits, HR compliance & standard practices, and employee relations.
– Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with CEO and leadership team to provide overall company leadership and direction, as well as working with all levels of an organization.
– Reputation as a strong communicator, facilitator and coach to manage high performing teams
– Resourceful, self-motivated with a collaborative team mindset, and ability to work in fast paced changing environments
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to assess situations and make decisions based on data while drawing from previous experience
– Sets an example for the team of a great attitude and strong value system
– A self-starter who has the ability to operate at both the strategic level and the tactical execution level
– Strong knowledge of employment laws, regulations and practices in both Canada and in the USA
Bonus points if
– Business or talent background within the tech startup industry.
– Demonstrated experience in organizational development and change management; Previous experience with HR transformation is highly desired.
– Previous experience communicating with Board Series B+