VP, Marketing Strategy & Business Development
Our hive headquartered in Toronto is looking for a new VP, Marketing Strategy & Business Development, a critical leader within the sales and marketing team at ecobee. We are a team determined to grow the number of homes that have ecobee’s world class products and services, which improve everyday life while creating a more sustainable world.
This role supports 3 key functions for the business. The leader of this team will help manage our two teams of Product Marketers who act as our internal business owners and sit at the intersection of innovation and execution. The full team also consists of an internal research team that is a shared function across marketing and product and encompasses – market, customer and user research. Finally, this role will help build a new business development function that is focused on finding new channels and partnerships not covered by our sales channels to bring our products and services to more customers.
We are looking for a customer-first, collaborative leader that embraces their role as quarterback and can add value in any conversation – from product ideation to go to market execution and pricing. You will guide your direct team while working alongside Product peers to develop new products, alongside Sales peers to drive ecobee market share growth and product profitability, you will leverage your research team in conjunction with Base Management, and Strategic Analytics to uncover insights, and alongside Marketing Creative and Comms to connect with customers.
You will work closely with sales, product, and the rest of marketing to seek out and identify net new opportunities for growth, you will assess business cases and seek out internal alignment to deliver on those opportunities for the improvement of the triple bottom line.
The ideal candidate for VP, Marketing Strategy and Business Development has experience in a Senior Product Marketing role at a world-class company (regardless of its size), leading cross-functional teams to successfully launch and manage products. Business Development experience is also a strong asset.
You have a demonstrated track record of implementing processes and best practices that enable your team and the organization to outperform. You are comfortable with business financials and building business cases, developing multi-year strategies and gaining cross-functional alignment.
You are an exceptional leader capable of supporting a diverse team in a matrix setting with multiple touch points.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
– You will be a key partner alongside the Product team as we grow our core business with new products and services
– Your team will lead the development of 3-year strategies for our in market products and services
– Lead go-to-market strategy and execution for new products, services, and features
– Drive growth and profitability of existing products and services by identifying opportunities for improvement, in conjunction with Sales and Product peers, and leading business case development and reviews, GTM plans, and coordinating execution
– You will actively reach out to new potential channels and partners to assess opportunities for growth, you will lead the team to determine feasibility and get internal alignment to proceed with any new endeavour based on a strong prioritization matrix
– Have a deep understanding of market and competitive forces and actively update the marketing strategy, including short and longer-term pricing and promotional activities and positioning to maximize performance
– Lead and develop a team of high performing product marketers, researchers and business development leaders with a strong vision, defined goals, and effective processes
– Track team progress and provide consistent coaching and feedback, embracing tough conversations
– Work collaboratively across the business, deepening key relationships with teams such as product, sales, creative, communications, digital, research and base management to effectively connect with customers and grow market share
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
– You have worked as a VP or Senior Director at a world-class company (regardless of its size)
– Hands on experience leading GTM planning, coordination and execution for new product and services launches as well as ongoing management of existing products and services
– You are a generalist that can go deep – comfortable analyzing data, business casing opportunities, developing recommendations and gaining buy-in, and creating and communicating marketing strategies
– Customer-first mindset and approach to problem solving
– Proven leadership skills, you have built and developed a strong team of product marketers
– You have an entrepreneurial mind set and are excited to jump right in
– You have a strong sense of empathy, and enjoy working directly and deepening relationships with cross-functional peers
– Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.