Sr. Product Designer, Design Systems
This is the very first role of it’s kind at League and is an incredible opportunity to elevate our system to an exceptional standard of craft. The Design System, and all components thereof, are the sole focus of this role. It’s a key role on the rapidly growing Design Team and it reports to a Lead Product Designer.
In this role, you will:
– Collaborate with engineers, product designers, brand designers, content producers, and product managers to design, maintain and optimize League’s design system library and to work with engineers to create an in-code extension.
– Deliver polished, delightful and effective UI and multi-state components for our web and mobile visual products.
– Be an influential expert across the full range of Design, helping identify opportunities to improve our system, its components, and its internal and external impact.
– Join in system design conversations with partners in product and engineering to build solutions and processes.
– Come to Design Reviews and provide guidance to teams on how to improve their designs to better support or evolve towards the design system.
– Pitch concepts and present vision on systems design to leadership and stakeholders.
– Scope projects and collaborate on the overall Systems product roadmap.
– Report team and systems progress regularly to relevant stakeholders.
– Draft clear, concise but comprehensive documentation for the system and its components to drive understanding and alignment across teams.
– 5+ years of relevant design experience, including a portion of time dedicated solely to creating design systems.
– Very strong experience using Figma, particularly creating easy-to-use shared libraries for the larger design team.
– You are passionate about building inclusive design practices and love educating and mentoring others.
– Obsessive attention to detail and strong visual design skills.
– Well versed in visual and user experience design with an ability communicate the difference between good and great.
– You are technically-minded, interested in code as the material digital products are made of.
– You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly.
– You think of interfaces as dynamic and love thinking about motion and flows.
– Expert knowledge of platform-specific interface patterns and behaviors.
– Well rounded understanding of information architecture.
– Idealistic, yet pragmatic.
– Experience developing great software.
– A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work.
– Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape.
– You are accustomed to working in a collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment.
– You’re autonomous. You take full ownership of your work, drive your personal development, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.