FreshBooks is looking for an SEO Specialist that will help drive customer and ROI growth for the company. You will collaborate with a cross-functional group of marketers, developers, and data scientists to improve and drive performance at FreshBooks. Reporting directly to the SEO Manager, this is a hands-on role.
What you’ll do
– Suggest and implement SEO best practices for FreshBooks
– Stay up to date on SEO industry changes and communicate technical improvements to non-technical stakeholders
– Collaborate across various teams to ensure new pages and projects are optimized for search from the moment of launch
– Regularly perform keyword research and competitor analysis in order to generate topic ideas that will deliver the SEO commercial and strategic goals
– Read and interpret site code to discover technical SEO issues, such as page speed improvements, site architecture changes, and crawling/indexing issues.
– Perform weekly analysis with Google Search Console and other tools to track and monitor changes
– Support our content team for content ideation, development, design, and delivery. Advice on best practices needed for the technical implementation of new content through detailed content briefs.
– Brainstorm test ideas and experiments to improve overall search presence, content, and user experience
– Develop appropriate metrics for SEO related projects, measure against goals, and build the necessary reports to communicate performance
– Coordinate and oversee SEO-based content creation and vendor management.
– Generate creative link building ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
What you will bring
– 2-4 years experience in an SEO role, preferably in-house.
– Experience using SEO tools like Ahrefs, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, ContentKing, Google Analytics, Surfer/Frase (crawlers, analytics platforms, CMS, marketing software, etc.)
– Technical background with the ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
– Experience with conducting a full SEO site audit and pulling impactful recommendations from it, presented in a digestible format with effort and impact estimate for each item
– Solid understanding of how search engines crawl, index, and rank websites
– Ability to analyze data to provide impactful recommendations and decisions related to on-page, off-page, and technical SEO factors
– Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships
– Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
– Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work independently
– Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel) and/or the Google Doc tool suite (Sheets)
Nice to haves
– B2B Demand Generation and/or SaaS experience
– Experience using Business Intelligence/BigData Analytics tool like Looker
– Experience using modern block editor such as WordPress Gutenberg
We think you’ll be an amazing fit for this position if you have
– A passion for keeping current with the latest developments in your field
– An understanding of Customer Lifetime Value, CPA, and ROI in customer acquisition
– A natural curiosity