Senior Technical Product Manager, Data
Remote in North America
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager, Data, who lives and breathes data to join our growing team. This is a challenging, impactful, and highly collaborative position. Reporting to the SVP of Product & Product, you will translate the platform vision and define the direction across our teams to build and maintain BenchSci’s internal system of record and data infrastructure. BenchSci is a data company, and you will help pave the path towards realizing our mission of bringing medicines to patients 50% faster by 2025.
– Develop strategy and roadmap for internal data components including the system of record, ML and data pipelines that ladder up to the company strategy
– Translate business needs into technical requirements and related resources
– Work with Engineering to plan, prioritize, and execute on updating and launching data components rapidly
– Partner with key stakeholders across the Platform Stream including Chief Science Officer, Chief Data Officer, and other representatives from science, bioinformatics, data engineering, and machine learning experts, as well as product management peers to enable complex releases enabled by internal data components
– Measure and report key metrics to internal stakeholders to demonstrate the value created by the team.
– A proven track record in bringing clarity to a complex domain and drive agreement between technical and data teams, and the company
– Have 5+ years as a Product Manager on SaaS enterprise products or platforms with technically complex infrastructures
– A background as a software engineer or have experience building data pipelines and working with modern data infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes, data processing engines such as Spark or Beam, massively scalable databases such as Redshift or BigQuery)
– Successfully taken new features from conception, through launch to adoption, engagement, and retention
– Experience influencing cross-functional teams to achieve outcomes over outputsExperience in enterprise client-facing roles is ideal. However, experience working directly with highly technical stakeholders is required
– A data-informed decision-making process, and can identify new opportunities and provide sound reasoning for strategy decisions from that data