Senior Software Engineer
We’re hiring Senior Software Engineers across all our teams to join our mission in democratizing science communication. As a Senior Engineer, you’re a subject matter expert within your domain, demonstrating strategic thinking and creative problem solving to successfully own solving customer problems from ideation to production.
Our engineers are generally fullstack with a meaningful emphasis on frontend given the nature of our product.
We’re currently hiring Senior Software Engineers in the following areas:
Editor team: On the Editor team, we’re saving scientists millions of hours creating scientific visuals. We’re building the best-in-class visual graphics tools that empower scientific researchers to create visual science communication content in a fraction of the time it would take with other tools.
App Experiences team: The App Experiences team’s mission is to build a world-class and intuitive experience for scientists and their teams to use and collaborate in BioRender (researchers, admins, and others). The features include signup, onboarding, file organization, collaboration, payments, account management and more.
Growth team: The Growth team aims to discover and unlock value for our users, focusing on different aspects of the user journey. They use rapid product experimentation to drive user acquisition/engagement/retention/revenue, optimize the user experience, and drive forward sales pipeline.
Other teams: We’re looking to expand our core product areas and are going to be setting up several new full stack teams in the next 6-9 months that will focus on product expansion.
– Be part of a cross functional team with a shared mission
– Work closely with your product manager and designer to inform your team’s roadmap and to plan out projects and initiatives
– Help make everything around you better in areas you feel passionate about – for example – improving team processes, hiring/onboarding processes, our product’s quality or the ease of use/flexibility of our codebase.
– Deliver large (3-6 month) projects with high level of quality
Our ideal fit:
– At least 5+ years of professional experience as a full-stack engineer
– Demonstrated strong proficiency in: ReactJS (or other similar JS frontend frameworks), NodeJS and ExpressJS (or other similar Node based API frameworks), NoSQL databases (MongoDB a plus), and cloud infrastructure (eg. AWS)
– Designed systems (entire features, services) that were simple, scalable, secure, performant, and maintainable by other engineers
– Has demonstrated expertise in their areas of ownership
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.