Senior Security Architect
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, you will be responsible for identifying and managing security risks by partnering with our engineering teams. This position will challenge your ability to blend new technology with industry standard security best practices to protect our network from external threats. You’ll act as a security expert within a small, collaborative team that is democratizing Canadian’s access to the best financial products. You’ll keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team, is self-motivated, and has great communication skills.
You’ll be a foundational security team member and have significant responsibilities that make an impact on KOHO’s security posture.
What You’ll Do
– Ensure that security risks are comprehensively and effectively managed through leading the application of established and ad hoc processes and techniques to identify, validate, and prioritize.
– Lead the identification of security requirement deficiencies, eliciting of security requirements, and the architecture and design of security controls.
– Develop and implement strategies to promote consistent use of security controls across the enterprise.
– Lead the operation and monitoring of security controls.
– Establish, implement, and promote security control operation and monitoring strategies.
– Ensure that controls are operating effectively; resolve operating discrepancies.
– Review, triage, and prioritize control output.
– Take appropriate action to resolve security discrepancies.
– Lead the identification, evaluation, and recommendation of new security technologies, techniques, and tools.
– Lead team in defining, reviewing, and promoting information security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
– Lead and champion efforts to enforce and monitor compliance with internal and external regulations, policies, and standards.
– Establish and promote strategies to ensure that compliance is effectively monitored and enforced.
– Direct internal process improvement initiatives. Provide feedback on processes by offering suggestions.
– Participate in external process improvement committees as a Quality Assurance representative.
– Provide backup coverage for next level management, as appropriate.
– Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
Who You Are
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with at least seven (7) years of related experience, or equivalent training and/or work experience; Master’s degree and past Financial Services industry experience preferred.
– Experience must include direct experience in leading key areas such as: securing networks and systems architecture, design and implementation, secure software assurance, intrusion detection, defense and incident response, security configuration management, access controls design and implementation and security policy and standards development.
– In-depth knowledge of more than one communications protocol.
– Experience managing several Cyber Security tools, including: Configuration Assessment, Log Aggregation, Integrity Verification, Web Application Security Testing, Network Access Control System, Network Intrusion prevention systems, and Endpoint Security Solutions.
– Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improved the quality of work products.
– Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
– Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
– Excellent planning skills.
– Willingness to accept new challenges and grasp new or changing concepts, technologies and procedures.
– In-depth knowledge across all areas of Information Security.
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.