Senior Front End Software Engineer
We’re growing our engineering team in order to scale multiple business lines and enhance access to healthcare for Canadians. We’re looking for passionate developers who want to make an impact and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with an open culture and flat hierarchy.
At Maple, Front End Developers build applications that support patients, doctors, and healthcare facilities. Our apps use React Native and TypeScript to ensure we can ship fast to iOS and Android. We ensure our components are usable and WCAG accessible through Jest and Storybook. Our goal is to create a fast, scalable, accessible experience for our users – whether it’s a patient messaging their therapist in a secure chat, a doctor providing urgent care over a video call, or a nurse practitioner triaging a virtual Emergency Room.
We’ll support and challenge you as you develop your technical and leadership skills in a scaling environment. You’re someone who enjoys thinking creatively, solving problems, and coming up with fresh ideas to design the world’s leading virtual healthcare platform.
– Implement features for the Maple web & mobile experience, such as multi-user video calls.
– Collaborate on system-level decisions through weekly architecture meetings.
– Turn beautifully designed specifications into reality.
– Help organize and manage weekly sprints.
– Write maintainable, scalable, testable code across our codebases.
– Grow as a developer through peer mentorship and weekly career-focused 1:1s with your manager.
– Provide ongoing mentorship to fellow developers, supporting knowledge sharing and capability development across the team.
– Collaborate with designers, engineers, and non-technical teammates (e.g. operations, business development) to deliver impactful user-facing products.
– Strong understanding of front-end best practices, OOP techniques, and proven ways to solve complex asynchronous problems.
– Understanding of basic mentorship and/or coaching techniques to support other developers on best practices, functional programming techniques, and solving complex asynchronous problems.
– Production level experience with:
– React or React Native
– Redux or other state management tool
– Automated testing
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.