Senior Director, Business Development
You will be developing and leading a Business Development function for ecobee; building and delivering a long-term strategic business development strategy to support our mission to build a more sustainable future. You will be the face of ecobee for our partners and work closely with internal leadership to ensure we can deliver innovative and delightful customer experiences.
Ideally, you have worked in business development at a world-class organization (regardless of its size), and have experience managing complex contract negotiations and business requirements. You will be expected to identify business opportunities and cultivate senior level relationships to drive joint value for partners and for ecobee customers. You will work closely with Product Management, Product Marketing, and the Chief Revenue Officer to deliver partnership needs that support company strategies.
This role is open to being 100% remote within North America although our home office is in Toronto, Ontario. You may be required to travel to Toronto, Canada once per quarter for team and/or company events.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
– Own the vision and strategy of business development across ecobee
– Develop and execute the strategic business development plan for ecobee while working with key internal stakeholders to deliver the plan
– Draft, negotiate and close deal terms with partner organization, working closely with Finance and Legal, and securing support and approval from C-suite leaders
– Provide advice and guidance on mergers and acquisitions working with the Generac corporate strategy team as the representative for ecobee
– Work with the product organization to define and prioritize requirements for partner integrations, ensure integrations are built on schedule, and that partners have the resources they need to build.
– Define and prove out the partnership revenue strategy, establishing key performance indicators to measure success
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
– 5+ years of work experience within or across business development, corporate strategy, and strategy consulting, MBA preferred
– Ability to build and deliver business opportunities that deliver a return on investment (ROI)
– Experience developing strategy grounded in customer and market insights (market opportunity identification, market mapping, strategic positioning, playbooks, research)
– A ‘builder’s mindset’ with proven track record of developing new business models, securing funding and closing complex negotiations
– Exceptional communicator and consensus-builder, who can independently operate with C-suite stakeholders internally and externally
– A leader with experience recruiting, managing and developing talent, and the ability to design an effective business development organization
– Deep understanding of business operations and planning
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.