Data Engineering is at the very core of how Drop’s business works. Our mission is to make data readily and easily accessible to inform decision-making across all functions at the company. We enable this by designing and building reliable, scalable and maintainable data systems, such as our Data Lake, Data Warehouse and all the different pipelines used to transform or move data from one store to another. We process hundreds of millions of financial transactions daily, and the infrastructure we build supports both our B2C and B2B products. At Drop we are taking the next step in evolving our data engineering practice by introducing the role of the analytics engineer.
You can learn more about our Data & Engineering team’s work by visiting Drop’s Engineering Blog.
As a Senior Data Engineer you will
– Be the expert on our data warehouse and the systems behind it.
– Own all the aspects of the data warehouse pipelines, ensuring availability, quality and access to the underlying data.
– Partner with stakeholders to identify the analytics needs of each team, finding gaps in our data and infrastructure, and working closely with the data platform engineers to address them.
– Build testing and monitoring systems that will ensure data quality.
– Build documentation around these data assets to ensure accessibility to all of our stakeholders.
– Implement access governance of production data systems to ensure compliance with our privacy and security policies.
What you bring to the table
– You have 4+ years of experience designing and building reliable, scalable and maintainable data systems.
– Expert in SQL, able to write structured and efficient queries in large data sets.
– You have used a transformation framework, like dbt, to integrate complex data across different systems.
– Experience and strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts, database table design and analytics platforms.
– You have experience building data pipelines and ETL flows using Python and an orchestrator like Airflow or Luigi.
– You have a strong product mindset. You advocate for users when collaborating with stakeholders from other areas, but can make tradeoffs to account for business priorities.
– You are resourceful and have a strong sense of ownership over your work.
– You design and write testable and maintainable code to produce quality systems using software engineering best practices.
Bonus points if
– You’ve worked with dbt.
– You have experience tuning Redshift clusters.
– You have experience designing data stores to power BI platforms (for example, Looker).
– You’ve built financial, loyalty, or rewards systems.
– You’re passionate about building the next generation rewards product.
– You thrive in a fast-paced environment; startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. Drop welcomes people from all work backgrounds and recognizes the value of diversity.