Drop is looking for a talented and creative Sr. Copywriter to join our growing marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Brand & Partnerships, we are seeking a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills to help us elevate that work as our full-time, in-house copywriter. You will bring our brand to life across all of our marketing channels including in-app, web, email, social and beyond.
As a member of the marketing team, you’ll work closely with our partner marketing, product marketing, brand and user acquisition team to create compelling copy for a variety of projects and channels. and working closely the team brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging.
Your in-depth knowledge of marketing and writing principles, will help translate abstract concepts into groundbreaking and strategic creative and messaging that’s always at the forefront of the competitive trends and landscape. Your research and interview skills will help us understand our target audience even more deeply, the competitive space, and help us speak in a way that resonates with our members and prospects.
What you will be tackling in this position:
– Interpret creative briefs and develop and produce copy for a wide range of marketing channels (email, push notifications, in-app, social, web), audiences (prospects, existing members), and campaigns and teams
– Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
– Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
– Research and understand the client’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
Working closely with the following teams to help develop compelling copy that speaks to each function’s unique audiences helps drive the following goals:
– Partner Marketing – Promote offers and brands on our platform through a wide range of offer-focused and content/lifestyle driven email, push notifications, and in-app content to help drive engagement and offer revenue
– Product Marketing & Lifecycle – You’ll speak to existing members on drop from the moment they install the app, throughout their entire customer journey. You’ll be working to educate our members on Drop in their early member journey on Drop’s features, get members to their next major milestone and work closely with marketing and product to launch and drive adoption of new features to promote retention and user engagement.
– User Acquisition – You’ll speak to prospects across various influencer, acquisition and social media platforms to clearly and concisely communicate drop’s value prop to drive awareness, interest, and conversion from prospect to member.
– Brand – You’ll work with our brand team to concisely translate our product value prop into compelling brand positioning statements and tag lines that will resonate with our target audience. You’ll also work closely with our brand team on create large-scale marketing campaigns around some of our biggest times of year
– B2B – You’ll work closely with our B2B marketer and Business Development Team to target a business audience with case studies, LinkedIn ads, web site, to help generate and close leads
What you bring to the table:
– Bachelor’s degree in journalism, english, communications, marketing, or related discipline
– 4-5+ years professional copywriting experience with a solid portfolio of work that showcases your best writing
– 2+ years experience working with web app, mobile apps and/or social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc)
– Exceptional writing and research skills
– Experience in marketing, advertising or communications with a demonstrated expertise in writing compelling and creative copy for the necessary medium
– Detail-oriented, with the ability to spot errors
– Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
– Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
– Experience with UXR copy-writing
– Experience working in a fast paced Hyper-Growth Start-up