Senior B.I. Platform Developer (Looker Specialist)
As a Senior BI Platform Developer, you will help teams access and make use of our data to inform their work on improving the health outcomes of our users. In this role, you will use your expertise in business intelligence and engineering best practices to manage the foundations of our Looker platform. This will enable stakeholders within the company to easily build reports, explore data or extend the platform in a robust and scalable way.
People who have managed a Looker platform for a medium or large size business in support of cross-functional stakeholders will thrive in this role. You are someone who loves Looker and you are excited about teaching and enabling others to use it to enrich their work.
Our data team also manages a complex ETL which outputs the data models used in Looker. You will collaborate closely with the team working on this ETL to ensure their data models take into consideration the requirements of your best practices.
In this role, you will:
– Own Looker’s LookML implementation by creating coding standards and best practices. These standards will be taught and enforced using documentation, collaboration, training and PR reviews.
– Collaborate with data analysts and product managers to understand their BI and data needs, and ensure those needs are met by our BI platform.
– Advise the BI engineering team on how their data models are best designed for consumption in Looker.
– Train Looker users within the org by developing best practices for data modelling, writing documentation and promoting the use of these practices by other members of the data team.
– Ensure that data privacy and compliance standards are strictly maintained by users who interact and consume data in Looker
– A Looker platform expert
– Strong SQL skills and experience working with a modern ETL framework
– Experience working as a data analyst, data scientist or data engineer
– Undergraduate or Masters degree in business administration, statistics, computer science or similarly quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience