Senior B.I. Engineer
As a Senior BI Engineer, you will support a cross-functional team of internal stakeholders in their work to improve the health outcomes of our users. In this role, you will use your expertise in data modelling to design, build and maintain our data warehouse to provide clean, robust data sets to stakeholders and enable them to explore their user insights and behaviours. You will be working closely with data-engineers and data-scientists on the team to build and maintain our data pipelines to ingest and transform data from a variety of sources.
People who have worked within cross-functional teams (and enjoyed doing so) will thrive in this role. Furthermore, you have experience with complicated and sometimes messy data sources and have successfully untangled them into crisp, beautiful data models.
Our data team also uses Looker as both an internal and external Business Intelligence tool. Building data models in Looker is managed by other members of the data team whom you will work closely with to ensure that the data models produced by your ETL and consumed by Looker meet the needs of your teammates and other stakeholders who work with this data.
In this role, you will:
– Collaborate with product teams to ensure that the data team’s needs are considered when they build or modify data models
– Support data analysts, data scientists and product managers by understanding how they will consume your data models and design them accordingly
– Develop best practices for data modelling, write documentation and promote the use of these practices by other members of the data team
– Govern the design of data models
– Strong SQL skills and experience working with a modern ETL framework
– Experience working as a data analyst, data scientist or data engineer
– Undergraduate or Masters degree in business administration, statistics, computer science or similarly quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience