Senior Analyst Corporate Finance
We’re hiring for the position of Senior Analyst Corporate Finance who will have ownership over the integrity, accuracy, and timely delivery of Maple’s financial statements. This role will have oversight over the AR, AP, audit, taxation, and payroll function.
Reporting to the Director FP&A, in this position, you will be responsible for:
– Managing the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting processes, including the preparation of financial statements.
– Overseeing month-end close duties, including review and approval of journal entries and supporting schedules.
– Participating in the by-weekly payroll process and recording all associated payroll expenses.
– Preparing and remitting the monthly HST/GST returns.
– Liaising with external auditors and tax partners to ensure the timely completion of the year-end audit and corporate tax remittance.
– Preparing memos and supporting working papers for complex accounting transactions and demonstrating strong technical knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS).
– Developing month-end procedures, calendar and workbooks to enhance the accuracy of financial reporting and identify areas of improvement.
– Responsible for the preparation of investor statements, reporting packages, and compliance requirements.
– Identifying and recommending process improvements within the overall accounting function to increase accuracy and efficiencies.
Critical to success in this role will be your strong knowledge of full cycle accounting and how the different accounting functions fit into the overall finance process, coupled with a passion for delivering timely and accurate financial results. We want you to possess a positive attitude and growth mindset, actively identifying opportunities for improvement to scale up the finance and accounting function sustainably. Resilient and collaborative by nature, you possess the ability to manage complexity and navigate a fast-paced environment to deliver meaningful results. A problem-solver, you will also leverage your analytical skills to remove roadblocks and streamline the accounting processes.
FIRST 12 – 18 MONTH DELIVERABLES
– Within the first 120 days, revamp the month end process documentation, streamline processes, and develop an accounting calendar that will incorporate all functions within the accounting and finance team.
– Within the first six months, you will assess the current technology and recommend areas of automation within the ERP system to optimize the accounting and finance functions
– In the next 6 to 18 months, you will design the accounting processes so that the financial statements are delivered constantly within eight business days.
– The ideal candidate possesses a CPA designation, paired with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in auditing and/or accounting roles. The candidate has knowledge and experience with accounting cycles, best practices, and implementing improvements to drive efficiencies and improve accuracy.
– The candidate possesses solid knowledge of audit, accounting standards, accounting policies and procedures. NetSuite experience is an asset, but not required.
– A problem solver and strong operator, the Senior Analyst Corporate Finance Corporate Finance is able to understand and evaluate current processes quickly, recommend opportunities for improvement and remove roadblocks.
– A resilient, open-minded, and optimistic team player, the Senior Analyst Corporate Finance is able to overcome challenges and pivot quickly while inspiring others to operate at a high clock speed.
– This is a hybrid position requiring 3 days in-person presence at our office in downtown Toronto.
Not checking every box? Please apply anyway. We understand that candidates have different experiences that may make them a fantastic fit for this position, and for Maple. We value equity, diversity, and inclusion, and we’re committed to providing fair and equal opportunities to all applicants. We also want to provide an accessible interview process, so if there’s any accommodations that would make your experience more comfortable, please let us know.
– Passion for results
– Problem solver
– Manage complexity
– Operational excellence
– Unwavering focus
– Team player
CULTURE AND ORGANIZATIONAL FIT
The Maple team is:
– Passionate: We believe deeply in our company’s purpose and what we’re trying to accomplish as a team. We want all colleagues to feel passionate about improving access to high-quality healthcare through the power of technology, and to make a positive impact with the work we do, where we work, and in the community.
– Supportive: We’re a diverse community that recognizes and embraces the individual differences of our people. We have fun coming to work and bringing the best out of each other. We value and encourage different and diverse perspectives from all parts of the organization.
– United: We leave our egos at the door and act with humility. We work collaboratively to overcome obstacles that arise, and we’re united in our purpose and bringing our ambitious goals to life.
– Creative: We challenge the status quo of what we think is possible with how we approach our work and projects, celebrating bold thinking. We’re focused on our priorities yet remain agile in how we deliver on our goals.
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.