We currently have an opening for the role of a Sales Co-op to join our growing team! The Sales Intern will join our Business Development team in strengthening our relationships with North America’s largest retailers (Walmart, Home Depot, JCPenney, Canadian Tire, Lowe’s, etc). The Sales Intern will work with the BD team on the execution of retailer’s digital media campaigns and strategic projects, analyses and reporting, and building PowerPoint assets for our top Retailer partners, to continue to prove to them the success of Flipp technology in driving traffic to their stores.
This role will allow you to work cross functionally with Flipp’s Operations, Finance, Creative and Insights team, giving you the opportunity to learn about Flipp and the retail industry as a whole.
The key aspects to bringing success to this position are persistence, adaptability and drive! If you can keep up with our fast-paced, ever changing environment, we’d love to chat with you!
Most of the things you’ll work on:
– Opportunity to work with North America’s largest retailers and get an understanding of the retail landscape in both Canada and the US
– Experience the culture of working in one of Canada’s fasting growing technology companies
– Learn from the pro’s and become a pro yourself in deck building, pipeline management and analysis using key programs (PowerPoint, Salesforce, Excel)
– Build internal relationships with our Flipp teams (Operations, Insights and Analytics, Finance, Creative) by working on multiple cross-functional projects
– Work on your pitching style by receiving ongoing practice, feedback and coaching from the BD team
– Strengthen your understanding of Digital Media and the competitive landscape (Facebook, Google Display/Search, etc)
You’ll need to have:
– The fresh perspective of a soon to be graduate from a University/College program focused in marketing, sales, or communications
– You have a strong interest in the tech and/or retail industries, and want to grow your career in sales, account management or strategy
– You have a desire to learn and build on fundamental sales capabilities (i.e. Salesforce, PowerPoint, Excel, Pitching etc.)
– You have exceptional communication skills. You are a natural storyteller and have a knack for building relationships.
– You are analytical. You can manipulate data and create compelling stories and insights based on a set of numbers.
– You are a people person. You jump at any opportunity to meet new people and have a desire to hear their story.
– You need to be a great problem solver – we like to hire people who can think through problems and develop solutions quickly
– You aren’t afraid to fail. Every experience is an opportunity to learn and grow.
– You are obsessively organized. To do lists, sticky notes and spreadsheets are your go-to. You always know your next move and the move after that