QA Engineer, Embedded
Joining the QA Department, you’ll work closely with the Product Stakeholders, UX designers, Developers, and other QA Engineers in a cross-functional agile environment. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to and get your hands on a variety of tools, gadgets, frameworks, and technologies. You will learn and shape the world of IoT.
We are looking for a Senior level, Embedded QA Engineer on our Energy / Platform Business Unit. The team’s vision is to build new IoT devices and improve existing ones, then integrate them to the company’s overall vision towards planet positivity and keep energy costs low for more homeowners across North America. You will be a key stakeholder in bringing that vision to life.
How You’ll Make an Impact
You will advocate for quality, verify and validate, analyze and lower risks, and automate tests to help build great products. Your testing starts early in the cycle and your ideas and opinions matters from planning to deployment.
Whether you are testing monolithic applications or microservices, designing and maintaining test tools, creating and executing automated test cases, or performing end-to-end tests for our embedded products running the latest technologies, there are always exciting things to work on!
What You’ll Bring to the Table
We’ve built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests we’ve seen in QA Engineers – but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you, we’d love to chat!
– A critical thinker with passion for quality and software testing
– Your curiosity and resourcefulness allow you to not only find problems but to also provide creative solutions for solving them
– Extensive experience on software testing techniques, methodologies, and tools
– You represent the QA team in cross-functional gatherings, and advocate for quality in decision making
– You are truly a tinkerer; you create your own apps and robots at home
– You enjoy working closely with developers in an agile environment
– You are diligent with documenting your test plans, test cases, bug reports and any other research findings
– Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
As an Embedded QA Engineer, you have:
– Deep understanding of Software QA methodologies, practices, and testing techniques
– Strong coding skills in Python, C or C++
– Experience with Embedded Firmware
– You have used Pytest, Selenium, Robot Framework or similar frameworks
– Knowledge of Linux and Shell scripting
– You have done electronic design and PCB layouts
– Experience with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI or similar
– Experience with distributed version control tools such as GitHub or GitLab
– “Bonus”: Knowledge of Docker and Container technologies
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.