People & Culture Manager
As People & Culture Manager you will:
– Report to the Head of People & Culture, acting as a partner to develop structures and strategies to support the Canadian team and help us to scale rapidly
– Devise a smooth operating process for basic HR Admin activities aligned with the global organization. You will assist with all compliance issues, including administrative functions, developing and implementing policies, and designing and delivering training.
– With the Head of People & Culture, design and lead engagement initiatives that champion a high-performance culture which supports our mission and business objectives. Actively build a #oneteam culture among local teams (Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal), as a country team, and with the global Too Good To Go community.
– Partner with hiring managers to find the right people and give candidates a great experience, ensuring compliance with global recruitment processes. You love connecting the right people with the right job, and will be responsible for pipeline development, screening and interviewing, and guiding and training hiring managers on recruitment.
– Ensure that new joiners receive a full introduction to our culture and values and have all the necessary tools to be successful Waste Warriors from day one.
– Assist with office management, including organizing events, providing the team with needed supplies and equipment, and ensuring that our workplace is COVID-secure at all times.
– Put in place high-impact (and cost-effective) solutions to develop the team to its fullest potential. Provide people managers with guidance on performance management in line with global practices.
What makes you the candidate we’re looking for:
– 4+ years of human resources experience, ideally in a start-up or scale-up environment. CHRP designation preferred. Joint Health and Safety certification is an asset.
– Demonstrated experience with human resource functions across the employee journey, from recruiting and onboarding, through engagement and performance management, to termination and offboarding.
– Comfort holding responsibility for administrative functions, ensuring processes are smooth and organized.
– Discretion and judgement; a team player who keeps the organization and its mission front and centre
– Hands-on approach and the ability to get things done; you will need to be agile and thrive working at a very fast pace
– Nice to have: experience in food & beverage, tech, French language skills