Payroll and Benefits Specialist
As our Payroll & Benefits Specialist, you will join our existing team who are responsible for managing the full-cycle payroll process and for managing the Group Benefits program for 500+ employees across Canada, US, and the UK. You will prepare and process payroll in accordance with company and regulatory requirements for all employee groups, including processing new hires, employee changes, and terminations, tracking employee vacation, and processing ROEs. You will report to our Manager, Payroll & Benefits and work closely with other team members in the HR team. We take a team approach in managing the payroll and benefits process.
You will work closely with the ecobee Finance Team, ensuring proper maintenance of employee data and further developing our payroll processes. You will administer our group health plans including enrolments, terminations, and changes to the plan. You will leverage your excellent communication skills to manage employee queries related to payroll and benefits. You will also support the team with processing year-end reporting and tax forms (T4/T2200, W-2, P60 etc.) and preparing ad-hoc reports, as required.
But it’s also so much more than that! We are looking for someone who can work cross-functionally between HR and Finance to review and recommend improvements to streamline processes and increase efficiencies. We are updating our HR/payroll system in the next year, so you will be a key part in making that transition smooth alongside other team members.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
– 3+ years of Canadian and US payroll and benefits experience (UK would be a plus!)
– You have exposure to modern payroll platforms and a demonstrated knowledge of systems set-up (ideally UKG and Workday payroll platforms)
– Experience as a benefits administrator being the point person for adding/removing employees along with being the main contact for our employees to ask questions about coverage.
– You pride yourself on having strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take initiative and build strong relationships
– You always challenge yourself to improve upon the status quo
– You are eager to be the best at your craft and are always looking for new learning opportunities
– You exercise full discretion and confidentiality in an ethical and professional manner
– You have or are pursuing the PCP or CPM designation
– Bonus points if you’ve been an administrator on the League platform for health spending accounts!
– Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background & credit check
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.