You will be joining an amazing team of energy professionals and marketers that exude authenticity, creativity, and are focused on delivering impact. We will challenge you to learn and grow to your fullest, push you to amplify what matters to our clients, customers, their family and the planet -and we expect that you will push us to do the same.
You are a strategic, analytical and enthusiastic individual that thrives on developing, executing, and refining marketing plans – and you’re passionate about the North American energy sector.
You will develop marketing strategies to increase adoption of our technology, support new product and services launches, coordinate advertising campaigns to increase the awareness and conversion of rebate programs, oversee product promotions and contribute to developing a promotional pricing and execution strategy, and help us communicate to the industry the exceptional things we’re doing. For all facets of the role, you will be analyzing and reporting on the results to make strategic recommendations to the Marketing and Energy departments on an on-going basis.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
– Work in conjunction with our Energy leadership team to develop and nurture both new and existing partnerships and launch new programs and services across the North American energy channel.
– Initiate, develop, coordinate, and implement strategic hardware & services marketing programs with our utility marketplace partners, as well as in strategic energy markets across North America where substantial rebate opportunities exists to drive adoption of our product
– Act as a brand champion internally for ecobee Energy to educate, inform and secure needed resourcing and support for Energy team initiatives and marketing campaigns
– Lead the pitching, briefing, resource procurement and project management process for Energy team marketing initiatives in coordination with the larger ecobee marketing team (Digital, Communications & Creative)
– Work closely with the Base Communications and Product team to build relevant and timely communications for both our utility clients, and the end consumer
– Conduct research and analysis as it relates to customers, industry trends, market conditions, and competitors to strengthen ecobee’s offering with Utility partners and end This will involve developing a deep understanding of ecobee’s core customer personas.
– Lead the Energy team’s B2B marketing strategy and execution across the Utility sector through trade shows, content development & sponsorship, energy association participation and other B2B marketing efforts.
– Objectively evaluate programs for ROI against their individual objectives, and capture and share-out learnings to continuously improve performance.
– Support internal marketing reporting efforts for both seasonal promotions and quarterly channel performance
– Assist in management of the energy marketing and sales budget and share responsibility for the Energy Sales Profit & Loss Statement
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
– Previous experience in a brand or channel marketing program
– Comfortable in an extremely fast paced and dynamic working environment
– You can confidently work independently to dig into problems and find the answers you need
– Proven track record of working with cross functional groups and departments
– Flexible, able to work in a fluid environment and pivot when required
– Strong written, organizational, communication and oral presentation skills
– Strong ability to build and present a case/rationale to gain alignment behind a decision
– You are a creative and innovative thinker
– You’re comfortable forging and sustaining strong internal/external business relationships
– Energy industry experience is an asset, though not a requirement
– If you are located remotely (i.e. outside of the Greater Toronto Area), some travel to the ecobee head office in Toronto will be required (approximately once per quarter)