Manager, Client Success
Benevity is actively seeking a Manager, Client Success to join our passionate, committed and growing Client Success team. Your mission will be to ensure the success and retention of your team’s Benevity clients, drive their product adoption, and mentor and grow your team directly. Coaching, team performance and growth, client success, and account retention and expansion will be the cornerstones of the Manager role.
Benevity’s Client Success Managers are driven, smart, experienced and focused on supporting the world’s largest corporations’ employee engagement and giving programs. As their Manager, you will set the example and support their efforts in developing lasting relationships that guide clients on their Goodness Journey, while encouraging them to continuously improve. You will be based in one of Benevity’s offices in Calgary or Toronto, report to the Director of Client Success, and be their trusted partner in defining team objectives, strategy, and tactics, and implementing processes that scale.
You have an enthusiastic business ethic, a service-oriented ethos, a keen understanding of the CSR landscape, and the experience to forge strong connections with sophisticated clients. You enjoy motivating and managing people, helping them to grow in their ability to provide consultative support and leadership to Benevity’s clients.
Go to Work and Change the World
Looking for meaningful work where you can have an impact? Benevity is the place for you.
We’re a fast-paced (and fast growing!) software company in the business of doing good. Our market-leading cloud solution powers Goodness programs that help some of the world’s most iconic brands engage their people, customers and communities by connecting them with causes they care about.
As a B Corp, we’re thrilled to be part of the next wave of companies that are committed to higher social and sustainability standards—a commitment you’ll see reflected in our mission-driven culture.
If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Benevity delivers. We’re an agile, high-performing team and we need new team members—people like you—to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology, and help our raving fans (er, clients!) successfully run world-class Goodness programs that create a culture of purpose and passion while making a positive difference in the world.
Imagine using your skills to catalyze a network of 10 million+ people from hundreds of the most recognizable global brands to connect with millions of charities around the world. At Benevity, you can!
When you Work at Benevity
– You’ll have the once-in-a-career opportunity to be a part of a movement—helping some of the world’s most iconic brands drive social change and create a better employee experience that can attract, retain and engage today’s diverse workforce.
– You’ll make more than just a paycheck. You’ll have the opportunity to combine your passion with purpose every day while achieving tangible results. Just last year our team delivered nearly 1,000 feature enhancements; not to mention we’ve continued to build game-changing products while processing over $2 billion in donations and 10 million volunteer hours to 150,000 charities worldwide.
– You’ll join a high-performing, purpose-driven team that will help you advance your skills and adopt the growth mindset that’s essential to success at our company (and in everyday life). Our inclusive environment will allow you to come to work each day and be your best, most authentic self.
– You won’t find a lot of office policies and politics around here, but you will find dogs. You’ll also find a lot of passionate people who are all owners in the company. That doesn’t just mean potential equity in the company (though it means that, too!), but also a sense of responsibility and pride that we’re in this thing together.
What you will do
– Manage, assess, and coach your Client Success Management Team to remove roadblocks and develop their individual skills in prioritizing tasks, negotiation, strategic account management, consulting, etc.
– Maintain one of SaaS’s highest client retention rates, at 99%, while helping them to grow and adopt more of the platform
– Continuously seek out opportunities to support the team’s cross-sell and up-sell efforts.
– Handle the overall responsibility for managing the client relationships within your team including escalation strategy and stepping in to support when necessary
– Work with your team to develop and implement strategic client success plans which outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations
– Ensure your team implements practice processes to cost-effectively support accounts of all sizes and touch points
– Advocate for the needs of your team and their clients anchored in a broader understanding of Benevity’s key value and evolving market strategy
– Drive account growth outcomes through higher product adoption, creating Raving Fans of Benevity (RFOB), and reducing churn
– Work with the rest of Client Success Management Leadership to identify and make recommendations for the improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency, Productivity, and Client Value
What you bring
– You are a powerful client advocate – you feel a sense of responsibility and urgency when a client calls for help and communicate that urgency and need for high performance to the team;
– A minimum of 4-8 years of team leadership and SaaS account management or customer/client success experience, or equivalent industry experience, and proven success in growing existing accounts and relationships;
– An undergraduate degree with a major/minor in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience in a SaaS environment is preferred;
– Passion for, and experience in, developing and managing high functioning teams;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to translate technical information into everyday terms;
– Problem solving and strategic thinking with a love of helping people; Outstanding project management skills, ability to work cross functionally and outside the organization, and have a track record of achieving the results expected;
– Ability to adapt to new environments and changing requirements;
– Ability to think like you are the client: you believe that your client’s success IS your success;
– You have a talent for solving sticky situations, creating consensus and turning clients into raving fans; Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions;
– Technical competence and understanding of SaaS software and APIs;
– A bias toward action / you love to dive in and get stuff done; Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while maintaining a strong sense of urgency to ensure every client has a great experience with Benevity;
– Are a passionate coach for your high performing team – an outgoing people person who wants to build and grow a like-minded team, with the ability to consult and provide opinion, facilitate discussion and resolve conflict. l responsibility programming and/or employee engagement is an asset.