Our Mobile Energy team is looking for our next iOS Developer. The ecobee app is the user’s gateway into the broader ecobee Smart Home and provides much of the functionality of our newest products. Our high-performing team of iOS and Android engineers are responsible for expanding and enhancing the ecobee app’s support for the ecobee SmartThermostat as well as ecobee’s energy savings program, eco+. In the recent past, we’ve greatly expanded the ecobee app’s abilities by integrating new (to it) technologies including GraphQL and geolocation, letting users control their thermostat and energy savings with the device they always carry anyways.
We’re looking for an iOS Developer who loves learning about new technologies, but whose main passion is building great products for people to use. Our codebase is modern (almost entirely written in Swift), contains almost no storyboards (we build our UIs in code, using an internal component framework), and we release every two weeks. You’d be joining a multi-disciplinary team and will be able to have an impact immediately, whether it’s in building great code or collaborating with User Experience designers to create the best UI.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
– Collaborate with the broader development team, project managers, and domain experts in evaluating requirements and crafting effective, transformative solutions
– Live in Github building pull requests, reviewing code, merging branches, and generally being a standout colleague by seeking out and providing feedback
– Contribute to the growth of our team by providing mentorship to junior developers
– Collaborate, engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while building the next generation of features
– Translate business requirements into technical design specifications
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
– You have previous experience developing mobile Apps, with extensive knowledge of Swift
– Experience crafting and building user interfaces for both iPhones and iPads
– Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them.
– You are proud to showcase and have very strong OOP skills
– Experience working in an Agile Team environment as well as work independently
– Comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple concurrent priorities