Intermediate Software Developer
Benevity is the global leader in online workplace giving, donation matching, volunteering, and community investment software, and we are seeking a talented Python API software developer to join our growing technology team. This posting is for more than one position on the same team.
Who you are:
– You have 3+ years of full software development lifecycle experience but still have a curiosity and malleability to learn new things (although this project has specific language requirements, we are not tied to just one tech stack at Benevity)
– You are very comfortable developing with cloud-based architecture
– Your communication skills are excellent: you can understand user needs and translate them into actionable pieces of work that teams can understand
– You understand the value of an API-first approach, loosely coupled systems, and domain driven design
– You aren’t just eager to consume APIs, but you have experience building them too
– You are happy to get fast feedback and are on board with trunk-based development, behaviour-driven development, and understanding how users use what you have built
– You take pride in quality and have approaches towards testing
– Your strength is in pragmatically designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
– You have the ability to think abstractly and are comfortable with ambiguous/undefined problems
– You find fulfillment in mentoring and leading junior engineers and helping them develop their skills and leadership abilities (and believe that everyone has something to learn and teach)
– You take satisfaction in leaving code/processes/people better than when you got there
– You subscribe to the idea that companies should be socially responsible.