Intermediate Backend Developer
PurposeMed is looking for an Intermediate Backend Developer who will help us build our innovative telehealth platform alongside a team of skilled developers.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering you’ll join the development team, which functions as part of the larger Product/Design/Engineering (PDE) team. This position will be focused on our backend systems and integrating them with our frontend technology. You will be a part of a rapidly growing team of developers, surrounded by great people with expertise across diverse fields such as product management, product design, data science, growth marketing, and more!
Our developers are more than programmers. We hire passionate, curious, and driven problem solvers who are excited to grow and apply their craft to bringing medical access to thousands of Canadians each month.
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by:
– Building our core backend architecture that helps thousands of patients a month while being thoughtful about data structuring and analytics
– Helping to foster a diverse and inclusive, collaborative environment which focuses on delivering high engagement and performance levels
– Collaborating with your colleagues by actively participating in design and architecture discussions
– Implementing analytics and instrumentation into the work that you do so that we can measure its effect on our users
– Writing well-tested code
– Analyzing business requirements and converting them into technical plans
– Giving and receiving feedback from colleagues within the development organization
We need someone who:
– Is capable in Ruby on Rails with 2+ years of professional experience
– Is passionate about creating usable, elegant, durable software
– Loves collaborating within a fast-moving team but can also be effective working independently when needed
– Is reliable, self-motivated, and has strong attention to detail
– Is naturally curious and comfortable navigating ambiguity
– Is an effective communicator in both written and verbal formats
– Is motivated to work in a cross-functional product-focused environment working alongside product managers and product designers
It would also be great if you:
– Are familiar with, or have a desire to learn, GraphQL, Github Actions, PostgreSQL, and/or Heroku
– Have an interest in learning to contribute to our frontend technology
– Have experience working in an early stage startup
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.