Integration Software Developer
Benevity’s Integration Software Developer will enable new client scenarios by building, maintaining and enhancing our growing suite of connectors to client systems as well as optimizing business scenarios by automating processes and tasks.
The integration developer will be responsible for delivering creative, robust solutions that maximize client delight. New connectors support our clients’ adoption of Benevity product features so they can realize greater impact within their giving and volunteering programs. Secondly, automations and workflows will reduce toil by automating manual processes increasing efficiency.
A successful integration developer will work seamlessly with internal and external teams to achieve the expected results within the given timelines. Things change fast, so our developers must be curious, pro-active and self-motivated. We expect them to develop their business understanding about our unique industry space. It is important to continually be learning new technologies and tools. The developer is comfortable with some ambiguity, but seeks to clarify needs, prioritize pragmatically set short term targets and aligning with long term goals.
What you will do
– maintain, develop, document and test new connectors, automation and integration solutions
– participate in stakeholder meetings about business and technical requirements
– collaborate with the team to ensure integration solutions are supportable and follow our development best practices
– learn new techniques and practices for cloud-native development and share your findings with the team
What skills you bring
– 2+ years’ experience with one or more of: python, java, C++/C#, docker, tomcat, linux and back-end frameworks. You have shown you are able to ship code.
– 1+ years’ experience with AWS Development using one or more of: CloudWatch, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, Steps, Fargate, Batch. AWS Certification is a bonus.
– 1+ years’ experience with API’s using REST or SOAP. You are a Postman guru and able to read JSON and XML like it’s your mother tongue and are familiar with integration data formats: CSV, XML, JSON, Positional and delimited flat files, file encodings
– Familiar with infrastructure as code: terraform, ansible, CloudFormation or serverless
– Bonus points for hands-on experience relevant to:
– XML/ XSLT & XPATH
– Communications (Slack, Teams) and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) / Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems such as Workday, Kronos, ADP, Ceridian