Head of Growth
We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Growth. This is a unique opportunity to also join as a Founding Employee and Member of our Senior Leadership Team – signalling how important this role is to the DNA of our company.
You’ll be working closely with Josh Sookman (CEO, ex-Ritual product/growth) and Wes Johnson (Head of Engineering, ex-Wealthsimple engineering) to experiment, build and scale new customer acquisition channels as well as design and refine consumer engagement and habit loops.
The ideal candidate is part growth hacker, part growth marketer, and has had experience building products either directly as a PM or Founder, or while wearing a product growth hat. You thrive in data-rich environments, and create them around you. You are looking for the perfect opportunity to put everything you’ve learned to work, and have a large impact on the success of the company.
Our mission is to help millions of people get healthy. We’ve partnered with some of the most well recognized health experts (including Dr. Frank Lipman and Julie Daniluk) with best-selling books and followed by millions of fans, to translate their health recommendations and programs into actionable daily habits and routines backed by behavioural science, psychology and human connection.
Our team is composed of talented, passionate, and thoughtful individuals that share love for learning from some of the top mobile consumer companies including Wealthsimple, Ritual, Uber, AirBNB, Facebook, Kobo, Dots, and NerdWallet. We are funded by a set of highly respected pre-seed investors, entrepreneurs, and growth leaders.
This is our wish list. You don’t need to check every box, but the more the merrier:
– Built and scaled 2+ growth channels to 100K+ subscribers or consumers.
– Mastery of GSheets to build growth models with a track record of hitting your projections.
– Expert of SEM and SEO techniques, scaled operations, and understand how to leverage the best of both channels to optimize CAC.
– Experience building and executing influencer marketing and advertising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
– Proficient in 1+ programming language (eg. Python) and have built growth tools to automate the generation of lead lists, targeted outreach campaigns, etc.
– You are data-driven and know the tools, metrics, levers and landscape inside and out. Writing SQL is second nature to you, and you’re comfortable diving into the data to find answers to your questions. If you’re unfamiliar with cohort analyses and finding patterns in datasets to exploit, then this role isn’t for you.
– You have been part of “zero to one” startups, and excited about the opportunity to explore and experiment as you create novel growth channels and build new playbooks.
– You understand what formulas drive WOW moments within customer experiences at every stage of the customer lifecycle, and what drives customers to become a true evangelist.
– You are constantly learning new things, and regularly push yourself out of your comfort zone to improve yourself and your skills.
– You are comfortable expressing your opinions strongly, but hold them weakly, listening to others and looking for evidence that can guide decision-making.
– You have a passion for improving people’s lives through technology and are looking for a career that delivers you a sense of meaning and purpose.
Other things you should know…
– We deeply value learning. At MasterHealth, you’ll learn the playbooks and strategies that have built $1B+ consumer mobile tech companies.
– Culture and values fit is very important to us. Just a few of our values we look for in others joining our team include care+compassion, direct+honest feedback, great communication, transparency, and embracing challenges together.
– We are not a growth at all cost business. We are building products to positively impact people’s lives, and we strive to bring value to our customers at least twice per day. Strong unit economics and fast CAC payback are extremely important to us.
– If you join us, you’ll enjoy a very compelling compensation package that includes “founding employee” equity incentives, and health/dental benefits.