Group Product Manager, Devices
We’re looking for a Group Product Manager to join our Devices team. Your responsibility is to define, plan and create amazing, connected home experiences that span across ecobee and third-party products – enhancing the ecobee ecosystem for our customers. You will be at the intersection of software, hardware, and our customer experience ensuring that our products provide meaningful long-term value for our customers.
You will work collaboratively with Engineering, Product Marketing, UX, User Researcher, and Customer Support to bring ecobee’s own and third-party products to the ecobee ecosystem. You will work to identify new opportunities and improvements in our current product offering, as well as help shape our next generations of sensors and strategy for how third-party devices interoperate in an ecobee connected home.
ecobee Product Managers are believers in customer-first and agile product development – we are looking for someone who is user obsessed and excited to deliver results for our team. Ideally, you have worked as a PM within a product team at a world-class company (regardless of its size), shipping devices directly to consumers or businesses.
How you’ll make an impact:
– As a Group Product Manager at ecobee, you will have experience leading a small team of Product Managers for a line of smart home devices – you will drive product initiatives from inception to delivery with your team
– Define your product’s roadmap aligned with ecobee’s vision and strategy
– Lead the product discovery process by working directly with current and future customers, including, conducting interviews and research to define business requirements
– Define our roadmap aligned with ecobee’s vision and strategy
– Understand the customers that use the products today, why they do so and how can we make their lives better with product innovation
– Manage bringing new solutions to market across a variety of engineering teams, including hardware and software.
– You will consider workflow and edge cases and will ask the right questions to uncover potential roadblocks
– Define and execute on clear success metrics, and support the team to achieve them
– Track teams’ progress on set goals and milestones and provide regular updates to the management team on program status
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
– Previous senior-level product management experience in designing and bringing consumer hardware products to market.
– You have previous experience managing and mentoring PMs and are excited by growing an engaging team
– You are a smart, curious, and analytical person with a bias for action.
– You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always seek to solve big problems.
– You are user obsessed and understand how users use your product better than anyone else.
– You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making.
– You are comfortable in a highly technical environment and can understand the nuances of technical decisions.
– You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and high stakes environment.
– Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check