The Manager, Fraud will primarily be responsible for the development, maintenance, and enforcement of Fraud prevention strategies to mitigate losses resulting from new account origination fraud.
What you’ll do:
– Monitor fraud transaction trends and make recommendations to senior management on changes to operating practices and procedures to mitigate the risk identified through investigative findings.
– Assess the effectiveness of fraud prevention tools in place in the organization, and identify and implement tool and process enhancements.
– Gather and analyze data on fraud trends and key indicators, and develop strategies to optimize fraud prevention with minimal adverse impact to legitimate customers and transactions.
– Support the analysis and assessment of external vendors.
– Conduct detailed investigations and reporting on new account origination fraud and unusual or suspicious account activity.
– Provide support & assistance in resolving complex disputes/fraud cases, including completing inbound and outbound calls where needed, and taking appropriate action based on the outcome of the investigation.
– University degree or College diploma in a relevant discipline.
– Minimum of 3 years of experience in a fraud investigations role in a consumer lending environment.
– Solid understanding of fraud management policies, tools, and processes.
– Strong analytical problem solving skills with ability to critically evaluate business problems and find optimal solutions.
– Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently.
– Energetic and enthusiastic team player, capable of working both independently and in a team environment with high attention to detail for accuracy, and initiative to follow up on items and get things done.
– Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset.