The ecoStat team’s vision is for thoughtful homes to work together for 100% clean and affordable energy. Our team is entirely focused on planet positivity, and you will be a key stakeholder in bringing that vision to life. eco+ has already helped millions of users use cleaner and cheaper energy and is growing fast to keep energy costs low for more homeowners across North America.
The eco+ product is used by more than 70 utility partners and is revolutionizing how the grid responds to peak demand, thanks to Machine Learning models that optimize comfort and energy savings for customers. You would be joining as an Engineering Manager for a team of six backend developers, helping shape a culture that empowers the team to make great technical decisions, drive strategic choices, actively improve on our processes and mentor others.
You will be working closely with the marketing and sales teams, hearing client feedback firsthand, allowing you to collaborate with the Product Manager to consistently improve the product and the roadmap.
The ecoStat team is highly data driven and is consistently focused on improving our culture and processes. You’ll benefit from monthly learning days, regular guest speakers from the energy industry, strategic offsites, as well as other opportunities for growth and development!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
– Influence the customer experience of products used by over a million people
– Manage the growth and development of a team of engineers focusing on coaching, mentoring and motivation alongside providing technical guidance
– Engage in meaningful 1:1s with your team members, covering a range of topics: job fulfillment, career ambitions, tagging with ecobee’s vision and subsequent planning
– Manage and set the development practices of all our backend development, e.g., coding standards, peer review process, CI, CD, testing
– Manage delivery of your team, working to estimate, unblock and effectively direct our efforts to help accomplish our team objectives
– Hire the best and brightest, stewarding their onboarding experience ensuring they’re a contributing member quickly
– Ensure our thermostat experience is both a wonderful experience and technically well designed and maintainable
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
– Interest in the IoT space and building out your knowledge base of the hardware – software relationship.
– Experience managing a team in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
– Take motivation in providing coaching, mentorship, and management to our native mobile developers
– Experience working on a distributed system at scale, running in a mixed environment of cloud and on-premises. We use Go and Java.
– Past experience as a backend developer – who better than someone that has worn similar shoes, right?
– Understanding of distributed systems and working on highly concurrent server applications