Who’ll You Be Joining:
You will be joining the newly formed “ecobee Haven” Business Unit at ecobee. Our mandate is to provide safety and security to our customers. After launching our initial Home Monitoring portfolio including our first Camera last year, we have big ambitions to add new services and products for our customers.
How you’ll make an impact:
– Build a team of 4-6 backend and mobile engineers from ground up and motivating the team to deliver top notch products following agile principles.
– Manage the team to keep up to latest and modern development and engineering standards including coding best practices, peer reviews, CI/CD, test coverage, SLO/SLA’s, etc.
– Work with the team to build a complex distributed system with many layers of codes – from mobile apps to backend systems to physical IoT devices.
– Collaborate with multiple cross functional technical and product stakeholders to ensure various solutions fit the overall technical landscape of ecobee platform, alignment on product development progress, roadblock, and timelines.
– Engage in 1:1s with your team members, covering a range of topics: job fulfillment, career ambitions, skill development and performance feedback.
– Influence the customer satisfaction by ensuring the experience is wonderful along with being technically well designed and maintainable.
What you’ll bring to the table:
– Experience managing a diverse set of engineers (ie/ full-stack, backend, mobile, QA engineers) across various technologies.
– Strong understanding of technical architecture, distributed systems, system design and problem solving sophisticated technical challenges.
– Experience working in a fast-paced environment where priorities change quickly. Being flexible and adaptable; including leading teams through change is a plus.
– Experience building customer-facing products that millions of people love. Having business acumen from having worked at a SaaS company is a plus.