Reporting to the VP, Product, this role is the people leader for our growing team of Product Managers. We are looking for a hands-on leader who has a track record of not just successful product launches, but also developing strong talent in others, and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get into the trenches with a Product Manager (PM) if needed.
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by:
– Recruiting and developing our talent in the Product Management function, supporting their professional development and driving high performance on the team
– Using your product expertise to guide the PMs on everything from strategy, to defining and measuring success metrics, to conducting user research and analysis, to releasing product innovations
– Monitoring our daily metrics and holding PMs accountable to performance KPIs and forecasts
– Collaborating with other leaders in the larger Product-Design-Engineering-Technology (PDET) function by improving discovery and delivery processes
– Ensuring that the Product Managers are solving the right problems for our patients and providers in a way that drives quantifiable outcomes for the business
– Talking to our patients and providers, championing for their user needs and rallying other departmental leaders and inspiring cross-functional teams to co-create best-in-class experiences
– Collaborating closely with the VP, Product to help prioritize strategic bets and define the product strategy and roadmap to grow existing revenue streams and introduce new opportunities
– Developing a culture of curiosity, storytelling and evidence-driven decision-making throughout the product development process
– Supporting the organizational development of a Growth Product function which is currently in its early stages and beginning to take shape
We need someone who has:
– 1+ years of experience in people management and growing a team
– A proven track record of building high-performers
– 4+ years in consumer or B2B product roles where you’ve led successful product launches that had measurable impact on business results, and developed strong product craft so you can continue to foster an evidence and outcome-driven approach to product management and design
– Experience leading with empathy, but can hold others accountable while creating a safe environment for teams to thrive in
– Experience giving a team clear goals, providing coaching and strategic direction, but also the autonomy to practice their craft and grow through new opportunities
– Experience with creating a positive, collaborative and user-focused culture that inspires the team to reach lofty goals
– Excellent judgment and can help others with making difficult trade-off decisions quickly and decisively
– The ability to say no to low priority requests without burning bridges and is able to help the team maintain focus
– The ability to not easily be intimidated by change, ambiguity or new challenges: you’re excited to help us innovate and iterate on our existing discovery and delivery processes
It would also be great if you have:
– A proven track record of delivering products that drove commercial impact for a business
– Natural collaboration with many different functional areas and the ability to be an agent of change who can bring calm to chaotic situations by effectively coordinating and communicating with stakeholders
– A keen interest in building a platform that can scale across adjacent use cases
– Experience in scrappy, fast-growing companies (experience in healthtech is not required)
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.