Director, Data and Analytics
As our Director, Data and Analytics, you’ll have the opportunity to advance Maple’s mission of building a connected healthcare experience. Reporting to the VP, Data and Security, you will lead the team that provides timely and trustworthy information, insights, and support to help Maple employees and partners make better decisions.
– Lead, manage, and coach the Data and Analytics team to help them grow their careers and ensure their work has the maximum impact.
– Work closely with business stakeholders across the company to understand key business objectives and data requirements.
– Proactively identify opportunities to support the growth of the business with data.
– Oversee the data infrastructure to ensure data is reliably ingested, transformed, and available for analysis.
– Develop and implement methods and processes to maintain data integrity and detect and surface data quality issues as early as possible.
– Lead the development of data models and definitions to make information accessible and meaningful for business users.
– Oversee the design, development, implementation, and validation of data visualization projects, such as dashboards and reports.
– Be a subject matter expert in our data sets, dimensions, measures, and BI content.
– Promote the use of analytics and data-based decision-making across the organization.
– Explore and evaluate new and emerging tools, technologies, and practices.
– Maintain necessary data privacy and security controls.
– At least 7 years of experience in data analysis, data engineering, or data science with a demonstrated increase in responsibility, including people management.
– At least 2 years of people management experience.
– Demonstrated experience in data architecture, management, governance, and analysis.
– Experience with cloud-based data warehouse services such as Amazon Redshift (preferred), Snowflake, or BigQuery.
– Experience with data integration / ELT services such as Stitch, Fivetran, etc.
– Expert SQL skills. Experience with dbt is preferred.
– Experience with software development tools and processes such as git, GitHub, CI/CD, etc.
– Experience visualizing data in a business intelligence tool such as Looker (preferred), Tableau, Mode Analytics, etc.
– Experience with data analysis and Kimball dimensional modeling.
– Experience building and maintaining reporting processes for digital marketing, finance, sales, product, or operations teams.
– BI & data visualization: Looker and Metabase
– Modelling & transformation: dbt
– Data integration: Stitch
– Data warehouse: Amazon Redshift
– Data sources: MySQL, Stripe, Intercom, Google Ads, Facebook Ads