Director, Client Success
Benevity is actively seeking a Director, Client Success to join our passionate, committed and growing Client Success team. Your mission will be to ensure the success and retention of Benevity clients, train and grow your team, drive product adoption, and strengthen the foundation of the Relationship Management team by improving upon current processes. Mentorship, process improvement, client education, and account retention and expansion will be the cornerstones of the Director role.
Benevity’s Relationship Management team is smart, experienced and focused on supporting the world’s largest corporations’ employee engagement and giving programs. As the Director, Client Success, you will develop lasting relationships and guide clients on their Goodness journey as a trusted advisor, while mentoring your team to do the same, based out of Benevity’s Calgary or Toronto offices. You will report to the the VP Client Success and be their trusted partner in defining client success objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale.
You have an enthusiastic business ethic, a service-oriented ethos, a keen understanding of the CSR landscape, and the experience to forge strong connections with sophisticated clients. You enjoy motivating and managing people, helping them to grow in their ability to provide consultative support and leadership to Benevity’s clients.
What you will do
– Drive account growth outcomes through higher product adoption, creating Raving Fans of Benevity (RBOB), and reducing churn
– Define and optimize the Client Journey, aligned with key client maturity milestones.
– Measure effectiveness of client success with operational metrics for the team, including churn, revenue, and client satisfaction objectives.
– Design and implement best practice processes to cost-effectively support accounts of all sizes and touch points
– Handle the overall responsibility for managing the client relationship
– Develop success plans for clients that outline their critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and provide recommendations.
– Serve as a lead spokesperson and ambassador for Benevity’s client experience, representing the organization at the highest levels to prospective partners and clients.
– Ensure we exceed benchmarks against Best In Class Customer Success organizations in the SaaS space
– Define metrics relevant to measuring Relationship Manager performance and client health – own client retention, expansion, and satisfaction KPIs
– Internal stakeholder management – Promote a client-centric mentality across the whole of the organization, work with cross-functional teams to ensure that Success initiatives are visible and aligned with company goals, communicate product feedback and client sentiment to product and development
– Manage and coach the Relationship Management Team developing individual skills, removing roadblocks, prioritizing tasks, negotiation, account management, consulting skills.
– Identify and make recommendations for the improvement in the areas of Process, Efficiency and Productivity including a deep understanding of how CRM and related customer success technologies and tools work, and can use that knowledge to enhance our ability to serve the client.
What you bring
– Are a powerful client advocate – you feel a sense of responsibility and urgency when a client calls for help and communicate that urgency and need for high performance to the team;
– A minimum of 8-12 years of SaaS account management or customer/client success experience, or equivalent industry experience, and proven success in growing existing accounts and relationships;
– An undergraduate degree with a major/minor in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience in a SaaS environment is preferred;
– Passion for, and experience in, developing and managing high functioning teams;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to translate technical information into everyday terms;
– Problem solving and strategic thinking with a love of helping people; Outstanding project management skills, ability to work cross functionally and outside the organization, and have a track record of achieving the results expected;
– Ability to adapt to new environments and changing requirements;
– Ability to think like you are the client: you believe that your client’s success IS your success;
– You have a talent for solving sticky situations, creating consensus and turning clients into raving fans; Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions;
– Technical competence and understanding of SaaS software and APIs;
– A bias toward action / you love to dive in and get stuff done; Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while maintaining a strong sense of urgency to ensure every client has a great experience with Benevity;
– Are a passionate coach for your high performing team – an outgoing people person who wants to build and grow a like-minded team, with the ability to consult and provide opinion, facilitate discussion and resolve conflict.