Data Engineer (Security)
As a Data Engineer (Security) , you will build personalized & data driven healthcare products and pipelines that power our business intelligence insights.You will bring your experience in data security to help us set direction and maintain a secure and governed data platform.
In this role, you will work as part of a small multi-disciplinary team to establish and evangelize a data driven culture and security best practices. This team will not only work with the product team closely but will also support non-engineering functions like Marketing and Business Strategy.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in cross-functional teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your work and enjoy measuring and presenting it. You enjoy working with product management and other stakeholders to find the best solution to the problem at hand, iterate over it and can balance technical complexity with delivering customer value.
Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. You will be working on building infrastructure for real-time and batch pipelines to ingest and transform data from a variety of sources. You will have an opportunity to experiment with new frameworks and paradigms, and freedom to put cutting-edge tech in production to shape the future of digital health!
In this role, you will:
– Implement tools and processes for data classification and security.
– Implement automated processes for encryption at rest and access control.
– Implement auditing and alerting mechanisms for data security.
– Translate business needs into data and analytics requirements, with attention to details.
– Utilize a variety of distributed computing platforms and tools to build scalable ETL / machine learning pipelines.
– Analyze, tune, troubleshoot and support the data infrastructure ensuring the performance, integrity, and security of data.
– Use sound agile development practices (testing and code reviewing, etc.) to develop and deliver data products.
– Experience in data security – encryption, access control, monitoring , alerting and incident management.
– Experience in network security like setting up a VPC.
– Experience in a cloud Data Stack – preferably GCP.
– Experience in coding in python and SQL.
– Experience in orchestration tools like Airflow.
– Experience in developing data pipelines.
– Experience in implementing deployments, error handling and monitoring for scalable pipelines.
– Experience in performing root cause analysis of production issues , performance tuning and optimization.