Creative Director, Visual Design
The CDX (Creative Design Experience) team at ecobee is looking for someone to lead the visual side of our brand’s evolution, support the month-to-month programs, and bring a voice of leadership to the table. This role will manage a talented group of Art Directors (2), Graphic Designers (4), and collaborate with agency and vendor partners. The Creative Director of Visual Design will be responsible for the development of ecobee’s look moving forward. Within the CDX, this Director will collaborate closely with their peers, the ACD of Copy and Content (who leads a parallel team), and the Senior Manager of Creative Operations.
As the design function is de-centralized at ecobee, the ability to influence across departments is important. There is a UX Design team outside our team, and the designers who build our website (ecobee.com) also sit in an adjacent team. We are looking for an inspired leader who can build a vision spanning the whole company. This role reports directly to the VP of Creative and Design, within ecobee’s Marketing team. In addition, the Creative Director is expected to build a strong relationship with the Marketing Communications team, interfacing at their Director/VP level.
Note: Due to the structure of the CDX, this role is not responsible for managing Creative Operations nor will they be directly accountable for copywriting. For the candidate who is from a visual background and thrives on collaborating on functions like copywriting and creative operations, this is an ideal position.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
– Lead a cross-functional team of graphic designers, art directors, and freelance photographers/videographers and agency/vendor partners
– Prioritize work and resources across engagements, developing schedules with art directors and graphic designers in alignment with creative ops
– Organize and lead brainstorming sessions with cross-functional teams, to develop actionable initiatives that align with deliverables and budget
– Review and approve concepts, layouts, and comps that are developed by the team, ensuring deliverables address marketing goals and challenges effectively: hold the visual bar ever higher
– Create frameworks and processes that transform out-there ideas into compelling and relatable visual assets that resonate with customers
– Oversee the presentation of final concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables as the lead voice of 2D visual design at ecobee
– Collaborate effectively with ACD of Copy and Content Design—our “lead storyteller” and with the Senior Manager of Creative Operations
– Liaise with peers at our parent company, Generac, to identify opportunities, work through challenges, and co-create a vision of the future that has a unique identity yet broad appeal
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
– Please apply with your portfolio
– Several years of relevant experience in Graphic Design and/or Art Direction with several years as CD—or as a senior ACD—leading a robust team in an agency or in-house
– Experience in creating marketing/advertising campaigns for new launches
– Develop the vision and oversee quality production & release within budget
– Experience in creating integrated content across all marketing channels: digital, social media, paid media, mobile, offline, and print
– Proficiency in leading a team of diverse, talented creatives
– Strong creative vision, with an eye on business objectives
– Experience in multi-disciplinary environments with a focus on creative
– Adobe CS and Figma, plus Digital Asset Management usage
– Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.