Commercial Analytics Analyst
This Commercial Analytics Analyst role will report to the Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics and working closely with Peak’s in-house Markets & Operations teams and our developer and financing partners (equity, tax equity and debt). You will be responsible for evaluating prospective development opportunities in order to determine if they are financially feasible based on the type of project and its location (within continental North America).You will also get to work closely with Business Development, Operations and the Executive Team.
Our new Commercial Analytics Analyst, will:
Deliver. You will prepare, perform or enhance complex financial/energy modelling and investment analysis for DER projects in key North American markets for project financing to understand various options available, to sales team for proposals or to Project Finance partners for project economics
– Develop financial models to interpret the full value stack of projects, relevant to their specific market;
– Research and keep updated information on ISO tariffs, relevant programs and market rules;
– Understand the key dynamics of the major ISO regions (ex. Development pipeline, regulatory changes/developments, pricing for different value stacks within the market; etc.)
Report. Present models, investment analysis and creative solutions integrated with Markets and Operations, to senior leadership in a clear and digestible manner with supporting findings to aid in key strategic decisions
– Create PowerPoint presentations and IRR/investment analysis on project valuations, for financing partners and executive committees
Collaborate. You will work with cross-functional team members to learn about all elements of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) energy sector projects and value stack for key markets in which Peak Power operates
– Interface with investors and project capital partners related to project development and acquisition opportunities
– Build solid relationships with internal and external clients (developers, debt and equity investors, etc.)
Grow. You are a critical thinker who can seize opportunities to create value for Peak Power’s long-term vision for optimizing power utilization and energy storage. You will proactively identify opportunities to improve operational performance, efficiency, and scalability and contribute to Peak Power’s electric asset portfolio growth.
What you bring to Peak Power:
The experience and education.
– 2-5 years of relevant experience preferred within Corporate Finance and/or development of renewable energy projects within North America; experience with energy storage projects is considered a plus
– Knowledge of wholesale energy markets and how they work throughout the North American ISOs;
– 2+ years of experience in financial modelling and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
– Experience presenting financial information to Director and Executive-level management of both internal and external stakeholders;
– An understanding of project finance and development concepts;
– Master’s Degree/CFA/CPA preferred but not required;
– Organized, diligent, and able to track and manage multiple streams of information on an ongoing basis;
– Able to complete work independently with little supervision, as well as collaborate with multiple stakeholders when necessary.
The drive and curiosity. You have a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and are motivated to solve problems and support the organization’s success. You are passionate about contributing to innovative solutions to climate change.
– Curious and fast learner attributes demonstrated by proven ability to meet deadlines, problem solving and attention to detail
– Passion for learning and conducting targeted research and analysis within the renewable energy space
The flexibility. You are flexible to adapt your activities as needed to support evolving team priorities in a rapidly changing business environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to figure things out when there is no clear, defined path or process outlined. You have proactiveness in identifying problems & finding solutions.
– Ability to work collaboratively with teammates across functions.
– Demonstrated ability to perform with a high degree of resourcefulness.
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.