Cloud Security Engineer
We’re looking for our newest Cloud Security Engineer to join the Security Team. Though our hive is located in Toronto, Ontario this role is open to being 100% remote within Canada. You may be required to travel to Toronto once per quarter for team and/or company events.
Safeguarding our customers’ trust in us is ecobee’s top priority. Our challenges run from automating our systems and building continuous delivery environments, to supporting millions of simultaneous TCP sockets and ingesting nearly a terabyte of telemetry data a day. We aim to do this with high reliability and security in mind. If you are someone who enjoys finding creative solutions to complex cloud-based security challenges, then consider joining us in making connected home devices safer for everyone.
Who you are.
You’re an expert in cloud security and understand the unique challenges it poses, knowing that they are completely different than traditional datacenter deployments. With an expert level of understanding of cloud based networking and associated security practices, you can balance stakeholder needs with security constraints. You codify everything, seek to automate toil, and are excited to share your knowledge in order to cultivate security champions.
How you’ll make an impact:
– Ensure the very best security practices are followed across the organization including the evolution of Infrastructure as Code here at ecobee.
– Audit existing infrastructure cloud assets using integrated security tooling.
– Pair with our primary stakeholders, the Site Reliability Engineering team, to advise and address risks on an ongoing basis.
– Architect new cloud systems and liaise with project teams, balancing their projects’ needs with security and privacy-conscious results.
– Ensure security and privacy are considered in every stage of the infrastructure life cycle and that security issues are found and fixed as early as possible.
– Own security critical product features such as ensuring all communication among devices protect the privacy of our users.
– Develop solutions that work within the constraints of embedded systems.
What you’ll bring to the table:
We’ve built the following list as a guideline for some of the skills and interests of our cloud security engineering team—but we strive to build our team with members from a diverse background and skill set, so if any combination of these apply to you, we would love to chat!
– Hands on experience with securing highly available Kubernetes workloads.
– Demonstrated experience with GCP and AWS cloud service providers.
– Programming proficiency with Terraform.
– Experience with Linux environments, TCP/IP networking, and software engineering fundamentals.
– Working level experience with either Python, Bash or Go.
– Working knowledge of GCP and managed PKI deployments.
– Bonus points for anyone that has previous work experience with Yocto based embedded hardware solutions.
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.