Business Development Specialist
We’re an ideal match if you seek autonomy, mastery, and purpose in your work. We take pride in a participatory work culture, where learning trumps ego. Curiosity, experimentation, and a human-centred approach are core to how we do meaningful work together and to how we respond to the evolving needs of our clients.
We live our core values of accountability, candour, empathy, and daring. Our policies are transparent and team members are empowered to make decisions about areas that affect them most. This allows our team to work flexible hours and from where they are most inspired (even pre-pandemic). We trust each other to stay accountable and get stuff done (read more about our benefits and culture).
WHO YOU ARE
You are a values-driven, big-picture thinker and meticulous executor, eager to join a B Corp and blend a passion for sales, business development, and client success with a desire to make an impact on philanthropy.
You bring a depth of experience working in philanthropic and nonprofit sectors and you understand the context and appreciate the nuance of building relationships in these spaces.
In this role, you will be a key player in helping Grantbook’s Growth team (sales and marketing) achieve our targets. Key areas of responsibility will include support for both external and internal facing sales processes: lead development and prospecting (including research), lead nurturing, pitch and proposal development, opportunity management, and sales operations.
You are a goal-oriented and analytical self-starter, motivated by achieving success against targets. You have experience in enterprise sales and can navigate multiple stakeholder groups and complex discussions. You have developed a track record in sales through the ability to build and nurture strong, values-driven relationships, with an eye for spotting opportunities and exceptional communication skills.
You demonstrate sharp sales and negotiation skills, a keen sense of how to deliver value throughout the buying journey of prospective and active clients, and a talent for sales operations.
You are invested in Grantbook’s core values and are eager to support our efforts to continue to lead in our space while reaching that next level in our growth as an organization.
And most importantly, to your core, you are a team player and you move with authenticity, integrity, and empathy to energize and lift up the people around you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Help Scale Our Organization
In a critical role on the Growth team, you will have a unique opportunity to develop your skills in helping to scale a company at a significant inflection point. In this work, you will get to:
– Be a driver in helping us achieve success against key metrics
– Hit monthly sales targets
– Build a robust pipeline of opportunities
– Increase conversions (win rate)
– Reduce time to close
– Secure existing client base and maintain a low churn rate
– Support the Growth team throughout the sales process to achieve our objectives to grow our market share by expanding existing business and securing new clients
– Develop leads and manage prospecting efforts, including research and building/maintaining strategic account plans
– Effectively nurture leads and manage opportunities through the pipeline
– Collaborate with sales & marketing colleagues to develop targeted pitches and proposals and create assets that will land us partnerships with our ideal clients
– Work with the Growth and delivery teams to structure complex SOWs, proposals, and contracts (sales enablement)
– Administer processes and analyze performance and reporting data within Salesforce to support sales
Build A Culture Around Client Experience (Client Buying Journey)
We care deeply about the experience our clients have in working with us. Our goal is to continue to elevate this work. In this work, you will get to:
– Support the Growth team in efforts to deeply understand our clients’ pain points and needs (e.g., by asking insightful follow up questions to clients or project managers)
– Understand market landscape, pricing structure, and how to best drive value for Grantbook and our clients
– Work with the Growth team and our CEO on strategic client and business development tours, helping to develop vision, messaging, and key assets to support these tours
– Support Growth in developing case studies that act as inspiration for clients beginning their journey with us; help sharpen how we communicate our purpose and articulate the impact we can offer to new clients that are exploring our services
– Inform our content and conference strategy and identify key opportunities for us to showcase our work
Skills & Qualifications
– University Degree, College Diploma, or Equivalent Experience in Sales/Business Development, or related field
– Minimum 2 years of related experience
– Experience working within philanthropic and/or nonprofit sectors is strongly preferred
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and comfortable managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
– Experience working in a B2B company in professional or technology services or consulting is preferred
– Strong research and writing skills
– Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
– Must be highly organized with the proven ability to multitask
– Experience with Salesforce (or similar CRM tool) an asset
– Proficient in G-Suite (we are a Google shop and are big users of Google Slides, Sheets, and Docs)
Is this posting closed?
Report a Dead Link
We do our best to remove postings when they're taken down, but as a small team we sometimes miss a few. Thank you for helping us stay current.