Business Development Representative
You are the front-line of Fable’s growth efforts – sourcing new leads, qualifying leads through discovery, and moving them forward into our sales process. We trust you as our first point of contact with prospective customers to ensure they have a positive and informative experience from day one.
Scope and Impact
You will get a first-hand experience with what it takes to generate business for a fast-growing organization.
You’ll do this by being known for:
– Confidently and thoughtfully sourcing leads based on our ideal customer profile, with reference to our customer relationship management (CRM) system
– Consistently applying a discovery process to ensure we work with the best fit customers possible to help solve their needs
– Your professional and empathetic approach to speaking with others. Can you ask them the right questions? Can you adjust to their style? Can you actively listen?
In this role you will:
– Source and identify leads every month through outbound (sales outreach) and inbound (marketing) campaigns
– Score leads that come through campaigns and route to discovery
– Maintain communication and share informational material with prospective customers
Qualify and nurture leads
– Conduct discovery calls with leads to qualify them and ensure they are a good fit for Fable’s platform and services
– Build long-term trusted relationships with prospective customers
– Identify client needs and evaluate appropriate products/services offerings
– Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
– Seamlessly hand-off qualified leads to sales account executives
– Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and account executives
– Keep prospects engaged/be available to their questions prior to the handoff meeting
Knowledge and Skills
You will be:
– Known for your energy and enthusiasm
– Comfortable with strangers – you are not afraid to meet people
– Ability to ask good questions
– A self-starter with a desire to learn
– A strong communicator
You’ll primarily be working with the Director of Growth and our Account Executives. Your goal is to work closely with your team to drive new opportunities and to have strong relationships with the team that turns those opportunities into deals.
The following is required:
– 2-7 years of business development experience in technology
The following is preferred:
– Experience with entrepreneurial and revenue generating projects
– Demonstrated examples of working under pressure to meet deadlines and goals