Application Support Engineer
Remote in Canada
We are looking for a customer-focused problem solver with a passion for digging into technical issues to take on the critical position of our first dedicated Application Support Engineer. So much more than just answering tickets all day, this is an exciting opportunity to gain insights into our technology and work at the forefront of cloud product infrastructure on time-sensitive, complex technical issues. Our customers are other tech companies and you will get to work directly with their development teams to make recommendations for fixes and document solutions. Your work will directly impact the current and future state of our product.
What’s in it for you:
The impact. Every day, you will sit down and know that you are supporting technology that matters. You will be professionally rewarded knowing that you are part of our mission to enable the continued innovation and improvement in health care.
The work-life balance. You will appreciate being part of a small – but scaling – company, where not only can you get your hands dirty working on customer solutions, you can shut down at a respectable hour and have a fulfilling life after business hours.
The growth. You want to learn everything you can about a product that is making life easier for startups and the cloud infrastructure it is built on. With limitless possibilities on where to take your career here, you want to be part of a company that focuses on people development, innovation, and collaboration. This is the chance to jumpstart your career at a small but scaling company that prioritizes work-life balance.
How you will make a difference:
– Successful resolution of customer issues. You will provide professional frontline technical support to the technology teams of our customers. You will manage requests and provide service via phone, email, or remote channel, analyzing problems, re-creating and testing solutions, and providing resolutions within our pre-determined SLA.
– Enhancement of product knowledge. You will increase your understanding of our solution to become a subject matter expert. You will play a key role educating our users on the product, adding to the shared knowledge of our communities. You will contribute to the enhancement of our processes and our product through observation and customer feedback.
– Collaboration. You will work with Product Engineering and Customer Success teams on pre-sales function inquiries, repeated issues, and escalations. You will grow into a position where you can coach newer team members.
What you bring:
– The drive to learn. You are action-oriented. You are continuously seeking knowledge and opportunities to try and test new tools, technologies, and approaches.
– The self-direction. You can independently own and meet your deliverables, and you are equally comfortable working across domains as part of a small, collaborative, remote team.
– The ownership. You’ve never met a technical problem you couldn’t solve by digging into deep research, trying, testing, and connecting with peers. You take pride in helping people engage with technology.
– The customer service. Whether you have direct B2B SaaS tech support or have experience in another busy customer-facing environment, you have exceptional levels of empathy and patience. You have outstanding communication skills and can work closely with technical audiences.
– The education and the experience. You have a degree or diploma in a technology field. You have hands-on experience using Docker (either self-taught or on the job) and you have worked on side projects such as building applications for personal interest. You have experience in tech support or as part of a development team.